What Should I Know about Cerebral Palsy?
Cerebral Palsy is something that often times, in the birthing process, cannot be prevented. Perhaps as many as 80% of the cases of Cerebral Palsy are unpreventable, but the other 20% are preventable. Cerebral Palsy results from lack of oxygen going to the fetus during the birthing process. Doctors and nurses are supposed to be looking at fetal strips, monitoring them during the birthing process. And if there’s some carelessness involved here and the fetus is not getting the proper oxygen to the brain, the results are devastating. The child may lack control over his muscles or perhaps his entire movement for the rest of his life.